CJ and Liam are where we've seen the most marked improvement, but Byron will often call me at work and ask me which of the oils I gave him to keep in his desk he needs for this or that. His anxiety is down tremendously even though his work load is up. He's sleeping at night, and waking feeling more rested. The list goes on. Anyway, I digress. I wanted to talk about CJ and Liam.
CJ has gotten so that he asks for these silly oils by name. He got hold of my doTERRA magazine and read it cover to cover one night. He studied it in depth and created his own wish list for which oils he wants for himself. He really likes the inTune because he doesn't have homework when he uses it. I think that's probably because he can focus on work and get it all done in school. He also loves the Balance and Citrus Bliss, both of which help with stress and worry. Balance is calming for him, and I see a difference in him when I apply it as his ADHD meds are wearing off. In the evening, I give him some lavender or Serenity and it does help him sleep. It doesn't resolve all his sleep issues, but things are certainly better.
Liam has completely stopped with several of his sensory seeking behaviors. In fact, things are so good that there hasn't been a single Poocasso incident in nearly two months...maybe more! We've been able to clean up his room, repaint his walls, and make his room into his own fun little sanctuary. I still need to put the color paint on there (colonial blue!!), but that should happen sometime next week. He isn't running through the house systematically dumping everything in sight. HE IS EATING HIS MEALS! I sometimes still have to put a hand on his lap to help remind him to sit still, but he's eating foods he wouldn't even consider before. He is going to sleep and staying asleep until it's actually time to wake up. The biggest moment with him came yesterday as the missionaries were sitting here. One elder said, "What's different with Liam? He's so different from when I first met him a few months ago? He's following directions and I can understand so much of what he says." That missionary was exactly right. Liam's words can be understood often without even being in context and by people who don't know him very well. My friend, Anne Marie, even understood him over the phone!! This is huge!! Turns out this little dude has a sense of humor and loves to crack little jokes. I love these miracles I'm seeing with my boys.
The oils have done other things, too. So far, I've seen all of the following things in my own experience:
- Strep throat wiped out in minutes...at least the pain and fever
- Toothache totally gone
- Teeth whitened
- No more witching hour when I remember to keep the diffuser on during difficult times of the day
- The dog had an accident on the floor and I mixed some lemon with baking soda. The odor was gone and the house smelled GREAT!
- All sharpie and other writing came right off the walls
- Lavender applied to a boiling water burn pulled the pain out instantly
- Headaches totally gone in minutes
- Muscle aches and pains drastically minimized
- Asthma attacks are almost non-existent
- The only illness any of us got was when Rachel got strep. I attacked that with onGuard toothpaste and it went away almost instantly. Schools and church have been germ cesspools, but we've avoided it. (knocking loudly on wood)
- A friend had a daughter with warts that they'd been fighting for a long time, and the warts were gone within ten days of applying the oils
- Byron says he's more relaxed
- Sore throats disappearing quickly