- Surgery should have taken 2 1/2 hours, but actually took 5.
- The doctor thought he was only able to get 8 electrodes in (and he had to use a different device, but that's okay), but at activation, we found that he has TEN! Wahooo!
- Recovery went quickly, and Liam did awesome. He had some trouble with his oxygen levels when he was waking up, but was fine by the end of the second day.
- Liam is WILLINGLY wearing his hearing aid and processor for several hours at a time every day.
- At the end of December, he turned three so the school district took over his education. He now goes to school full time four days a week and a half day on the fifth day so he can go to physical therapy in the afternoon.
- He's starting to have a couple of words here and there that people can actually understand.
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Explantation and Re-implantation For Liam
Liam went in for his re-implantation surgery and I'm pleased to say it went MUCH better. I know it's been a while since we've updated and there is a LOT to share, so let's just do bullet points to be sure I don't miss too much.